I was at a dinner party on Boxing Day, sitting around the table with some good friends. And in a moment, between our extensive laughter and giggles, the question, "What were your highs and lows from 2013?', was asked.
The lows are never a pleasant moment to go back to are they? Yet, you can't make the rainbow without the rain.
My low from 2013, while sad, makes me eternally grateful for all the support, love, friends, family and good health in my world. And my highs, which being the Pisces that I am, I just couldn't narrow it down to just one (!)
So I went with my insane running accomplishments (3 half marathons this year and Reach the Beach) and all the new amazing, AH-MAZING people in my life.
At the end of the day, month and year, I'm eternally grateful. So grateful it humbles me.
- I'm grateful for the people in my life who laugh at my bad jokes, let me cry when I need to and feed my soul everyday.
- I'm grateful to wake up every morning with the world as my oyster.
- I'm grateful for the people who have invited me into their lives in 2013 to teach them how to Eat well. Be happy. Love life.
- I'm grateful for my strong legs to carry me for so many miles, day in and day out on training runs and races.
- I'm grateful for the kindred spirits that share their favorite recipes with me.
- I'm grateful for body to be in tip top shape to slice 10 minutes off my half marathon time.
Lastly but certainly not least, I'm grateful to YOU for reading my weekly newsletters. I know your inbox gets bombarded on a daily basis so thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou for opening my emails.
Although if you want to get a sneak peak on what's on top, click HERE. If you are looking for some motivation in 2014, I'm going to deliver it to you in a BIG way!
So thanks for keeping in touch with me in 2013. And a future thank you for all the newsletter, facebook posts and tweets of mine you shall be reading in 2014!
A favor to ask before I sign off for the year. Head on over to Facebook and share your 2013 highs with me. Take a moment to think about what was your favorite, proudest moment of 2013. And then let's celebrate together - virtually of course!
(What?! You haven't liked my facebook page yet? Well, that's plain silly. Yes, I want to "LIKE" Johanna Voss on Facebook. )
So, I'll see ya over on Facebook. And looking forward to hanging out with you more in 2014.
Thanks for being you. And thanks for being awesome.